Mobile: 040 - 967 2566
We have different topics
throughout the year and each teacher plans activities for those children in his/her group, bearing in mind the child’s interests and abilities. The children are split into 4 groups, 3 year olds, 4 year olds, 5 year olds and pre-schoolers. Circle time is our group time, we tell stories, sing songs, recite rhymes and work on our topic. This is also the time we discuss anything that has happened within the group, for example: if a child has felt left out we talk about friendship and feeling and discuss how we would feel if this happened to us and what we can do to ensure that everyone feels included.
During our work and play time
some children work with a teacher in a small group, others have free play.
- 8.00 - 9.00
- Doors open, parents and children welcomed for table activities.
- 9.00 - 9.30
- Circle time. We go through our daily routines (registration, calendar), we discuss our topic for that week, we sing, learn rhymes, play games, discuss any issues that have arisen and go through what activities are available that day.
- 9.30 - 11.00
- Play and work time. Some children work in small groups with a teacher, others can choose between the activities available. Each age group has it's own teacher.
- 11.00 - 11.30
- Lunch time. Our lunches are delivered by AMICA. Children with special diets can be catered for.
- 11.30 - 12.00
- Free reading/book time.
- 12.00 - 12.15
- Dressing for outdoor play.
- 12.15 - 13.00
- Outdoor play. If the weather conditions are extremely bad we will have a music and movement lesson during this time.
- Morning children leave from park
- 12.45 - 13.00
- Afternoon children arrive to park
- 13.15 - 13.45
- Afternoon circle, afternoon registration, story time
- 13.45 - 14.45
- Play/work time, the focus is on creative activities.
- 15.00 - 15.30
- Snack time
- 15.30 - 17.00
- Park time during which children are picked up.
- Kindergarten closes
Children like structure and routines. Familiar elements built into each day help the children feel safe and in control of their environment, although that doesn't mean things have to be boring. There's plenty of room within our daily programme for new learning experiences and lots of fun. Our goal is happy, active children.
Please pick your child up on time
If you are unavoidably delayed ensure that you inform the teachers as soon as possible. Persistent lateness may result in fines. Out of consideration for your child's safety it is expected that a known adult will bring and collect your child from the kindergarten. If there is to be a change as to who is collecting your child, please inform the kindergarten teachers.
The kindergarten follows the following work and holiday schedule:
Term Times and Holiday Schedule for Ruoholahti 2018-19
|August 1 (Wednesday):||First day of term|
December 6 : Independence day
December 22 - January 6: Christmas holiday
|April 19 - April 22 : Easter vacation||Closed|
May 1 : May day
May 30 : Ascension Day
|June 20 :||Last day of term|
|June 21-July 31: Summer holiday||Closed|
We are an accredited part of the Helsinki city pre-school system.